2/18/10

Our travels - part 1

Last week, before we left Irvine, we had a double dark [which means Monday AND Tuesday off!!] we decided to use Jim's comps to see KA in Las Vegas, since the last time we tried it didn't go too well. My parents decided they needed a mini vacation also, so they decided to go to Vegas as well and meet us there. We left that Tuesday morning to see the show that night. My dad and I had talked on the phone about how sick Sophie was [low-grade fever, runny nose, and coughing] and how he wished he could see her. I said, "Well, you're going to see her Tuesday." I could hear the smile over the phone. "Really?!?" he asked happily. I'd say the feeling was mutual.














Bridget and Lesley agreed to babysit Sophie for the night, and the show was AMAZING! I would even say it was better than O. And that's REALLY saying something! The imagery was so compelling and the music was transforming and enveloping! I felt like there was a nice contrast between the soft and heartfelt side and the intense and strong side of the show. They have this enormous stage that moves with the show. It was incredible. Check it out here.


















Here are a few more pictures that my dad took of my mom and of the Strip. Impressive. I don't know when we'll be able to head back to MI since the tour is in the Pacific Northwest for a good part of the year. We'll try to get home as often as we can and we think of our families often.














1 comment: