10/4/09

Crazy busy week

This week was super busy! It started Sunday when I co-hosted a baby shower for one of the clowns and his wife, as well as baked and decorated 102 chocolate and yellow cupcakes [with frosting and homemade marshmallow fondant]. It took a lot of time, and I'm pretty proud of myself, haha! Here are a few pictures. The white squares are stamped with 'It's a Boy' and the colored fondant was super sticky, so I just used cookie cutters instead of stamps [after a relatively minor freak out]. People told me they were really yummy and the parents-to-be were pleased. I think they could tell I spent a lot of time on them.








































After the insanity was over, on Monday Sophie had AussieROOs and later Grandma and Grandpa Lutz arrived for the double dark. We had a wonderful time, seeing all 11 innings of a Rockies game, and visiting Boulder for crepes [I had ham, swiss and spinach and Jim and I split a chocolate/marshmallow/almond one for dessert]. We also visited the National Renewable Energy Laboratory to research solar/wind/biomass renewable energy. It was smaller than I was expecting, but we just saw the visitor's center and not the actual lab. It was chock full of information and presented interesting alternatives to the fuel we use now. We took a drive in the mountains and just spent a lot of time together, allowing everyone to bond, since it's been a few months since they've seen The Soph.

On Thursday Mom and Dad left and we took Sophie to her last Kindermusik class. It was so sad, but she had so much fun! She got to play the drums and a tambourine. She absolutely adored the other babies and the teacher, Miss Jenny. Jim and I have had the music stuck in our heads for three days now! I still get a little lump in my throat when I sing the songs! We were driving home yesterday from dropping Jim off at work and Sophie was super fussy - ANOTHER tooth coming in, top right, making it four coming in at the same time - and I turned on the song and it calmed her down instantly!

To make matters more complicated, today was luggage day so packing was hectic yesterday. Trying to keep a teething baby content and get everything done was a more impressive juggling act than the one in KOOZA! Everything worked out thankfully and all of our bags are on the truck as we speak! [With lots of thanks to my wonderful and strong husband!]

Sophie has been scooting, but she likes to go backwards. The other day she backed right up under the bed, and when I got back a second later from getting the camera, this is what greeted me upon my return! Awwwwuh! She got lots of extra snuggles that afternoon!














Monday morning we're off to Santa Monica! I'm excited to go to where we know our way around [and there's a Trader Joe's!] and to see all of our old friends! So Cal, how I've missed thee!

2 comments:

  1. Sophie was doing Kindermusik? My friend, graduated piano together at USC, is a teacher too! If you want to do it here, I can definitely get you some info! :) Sophie looks so adorable, and those cupcakes!!! OMG!! You have to let me try one!! But only one! I have to be able to somehow fit into my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding in November. I can't wait to have you guys in So Cal. :)
    Have a safe and great trip back to LA~!! YAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, PLEASE send me some info! I've been in contact with one in Santa Monica, but the class is when Jim is at work. The only other option from that center is on VINE! UGH! I don't really want to drive that much, especially when we're in Irvine! Thanks for the comment and I can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete