10/29/09

Mini update

Howdy all! Not a whole lot going on here in Santa Monica, but I thought I'd give you an update.
Here's a [notsogreat] pic I took of site, next to the pier and the ocean.














Sophie has 5 teeth, with one more on the way. She really enjoys grinding them together so you don't forget she has them. It's really a fantastic sound. Really.
She just recently started picking her belly up off the ground and is really scooting up a storm, but no crawling yet. She is confident in sitting, sitting up from laying down, and going to the crawling position. She is pretty much always happy and sweet. She says "mama" and "dada" and "hi" and waves. We're working on clapping and saying other simple words. Solids aren't going well, anything with texture is not a good thing, although we are making progress with the sweet potato puffs. She has had a few a day with no gagging, so we're headed in the right direction. I really can't wait until we can just go on site [where she eats for free] and she can have what we're having. It's going to be a lot easier I think. We also tried whole milk and she seems to like it. We'll talk to the pedi when we go home to MI for Christmas to see what we should do about the bottles. She gets one 8-oz bottle at night, and three 8-oz meals of a fruit and veggie every day. We'd like to try and wean her off of her bottle, but I think that will come when she's on solids for good.

Last Monday on our day off, we went to a local pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin to carve. There, we snapped a few pictures with Sophie in her cute Halloween shirt.











































On site, there have been quite a few celebrity sightings. When Sophie and I went and sat on the couch last weekend, Sharon Stone and her son were there. She was super appreciative and even took a few pictures with the cast. Earlier that week, Cher was there. At the premier party, Jim and I met Neil Patrick Harris, who was super nice, down-to-earth and just plain cool! He put his hand out and said, "Hi, I'm Neil." I thought I played it pretty cool, but when he left, I seriously lost my sh*t! He said it was nice to meet us and he even blew Sophie a kiss. He is one of my all-time favorite actors [even more so now!] and it was definitely the highlight of the city!



















Last weekend, there was a joint 6-year-old birthday party with the theme "Mermaids and Pirates." I made Little Mermaid cupcakes and pirate cupcakes based on these. [These are not mine, but you get the idea.]:















Since Halloween is this weekend, I will be making Halloween cupcakes for everyone on site, so I'm a little nervous and excited. No fondant this time! :] I'll post pictures of Sophie in her costume soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment